MdS Training 4



An insight into Adelante4's goal to run the Marathon des Sables in 2010.

Well training over the last 2 weeks has been almost non existant. This has mainly been because of illness and an injured leg. I've been struggling to get out of bed, never mind go for a run. And the pain i've been experiencing in my leg when running hasn't made it easy. The Doctor's advice was simple...rest and lots of it.

Being an extremely competitive person, this came as a massive blow. Why has this happened to me? I've been doing everything right. How long will it take for me leg to get better? I've asked myself a million questions and can't seem to find the answers. I'm most disappointed about having done some good training and been on a bit of a high, and then having it taken from me. Injury and illness are extremely frustrating things!

So unless i make a full recovery in the next week, it looks as though i won't be competing in Prague in March, as i won't have done enough preparation, which sucks big time! I guess that's what training is all about...taking the rough with the smooth. I'll have to set my sights on another race i guess...the Brussels 20k is in May and that's generally a good race.

I think the most important thing is to get better now, and not rush back to running. I know my level of fitness will go down a bit (not too much i hope!), but that's all part of the game. I'll just have to come back and put in 110% effort into my regime, maybe emphasising on low impact activities like cycling and swimming more during the week.

Will update more when i'm better. Thanks for reading. A4


2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. I absolutely know the feeling of not being able to train or workout. I hope the best for you and a full recovery. At least after you're all rested up you'll be good to go for your next race (and extra motivated). So rest up my friend, better days are to come.

Adelante4 said...

Many thanks for your kind comment Jimmy.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Design Blog, Make Online Money